This project is part of CTDOT's overall corridor improvement plan, involving resurfacing and providing safety improvements and enhancements from the Greenwich/Stamford town line to the South Avenue Bridge in New Canaan. The improvements include:
- Replacing the existing guiderail with the steel backed timber railing
- Widening the right shoulders to 8 feet (4 feet paved and 4 feet reinforced grass shoulder)
- Installing a concrete curb and gutter system along the median for drainage
- Installing a new drainage system
- Resurfacing the roadway
- Landscape restoration, including removal of invasives, tree removal for safety, and planting of native shrubs and trees
- Bridge cleaning, repair and restoration
The project is similar to the recently completed project in the towns of Fairfield and Trumbull, and is anticipated to be completed in 2015.
For additional information, please email email@example.com or contact Timothy M. Wilson, P.E., CTDOT Manager of Highway Design Engineering and Construction at Timothy.Wilson@ct.gov
Help us preserve and maintain this amazing road for future generations.